The Office of the Registrar has been in operation since the establishment of the university in 1998, aiming at handling student admission and registration, preparing academic calendars and keeping academic records of enrolled students , Statistical data on enrollment , progression and attrition and handles graduation related activities. The Office has gone through several restructuring schemes to have its present shape in place. As a result, it has been serving as the first entry point for those who apply for admission to the University.
To that end, to cater to the needs of students, three Associate Registrars run the Office’s functions at undergraduate programs, School of Graduate Studies and College of Open and Distance Learning. The major operational areas of the Office include Admission and Registration Services, Academic Document Processing, and Student Services. Each of these operations is headed by an Assistant Registrar answerable to the respective Associate Registrar.
Major responsibilities of the office includes:
- Develops and implements systems to maintain student academic records;
- Administers storage, security, accuracy and preservation of academic credentials in accordance with the University policy, Ministry of Education standards and privacy laws;
- Prepares academic calendar and presents it to the university senate for approval;
- Interprets and enforces academic rules and regulations;
- Manages academic records and transcript processing;
- Ensures the implementation of activities in line with the academic calendar of the university;
- Coordinates the preparation and compilation of course catalogue;
- Produces lists of students recommended for graduation and presents same to the university senate for approval;
- Prepares original diplomas to be issued by the university;
- Prepares the Office’s annual plan and ensures its appropriate implementation;
- Prepares and submits quarterly and annual performance reports of the Office to the Center for Educational Improvement and Quality Assurance (CEIQA);
- Produces different statistical reports related to student attrition and retention;
- Ensures the smooth running of the data base system of the Office of the Registrar.
Current and past achievements
The Office has been assisting the Top Management in its effort to make informed decisions to improve student services by providing evidence-based information.
It periodically issues up-to-date data on student progression and attrition. This includes student enrollment, graduation, withdrawal and dropout. In this regard, it has produced overall student attrition and retention statistics as Bulletin of Student Statistics (BOSS) from 2007-2019, which can be used as input for intervention in the teaching-learning and administrative processes.
The Office also compiles data on instructor absenteeism and conduct of makeup classes for any missed hours in the undergraduate Regular and Extension programs.
In addition to organizing and producing different statistical information, the Office has automated its system it has also created an SMS platform by which the entire university community can be able to receive and send messages of academic interest and also started to handle academic record processing by instructors through online.
The Office of the Registrar admits applicants who meet the admission requirements set by the Ministry of Education.
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS (REGULAR)
- MA in Development Management
- MA in Social Work
- MSc in Quality & Productivity Management
- MBA in Impact Entrepreneurship
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MA in Project Management
- MA in Marketing Management
- MSc in Computer Science
- MA in Development Economics
- MBA in Accounting & Finance
- MBA (With HRM Concentration)
- MSc in Agricultural Economics
- MSc in Rural Development
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE PROGRAM (REGULAR/EXTENSION)
- BA in Accounting & Finance
- BA in Management
- BA in Marketing Management
- BA in Tourism & Hospitality Management
- BSc in Computing Science
Undergraduate Degree Program (Open and Distance Learning)
- Marketing Management
- Financial Economics
- Rural Development
- Agricultural Extension
- Agri-Business Management
- Cooperative (Accounting & Auditing)
- Cooperative (Business Management)
- Educational Planning & Management
- Public Administration & Development Management
- Agricultural Economics
- Banking & Finance
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
School of Graduate Studies
Registrar’s Office: +251 11 554 66 69
P. O. Box: 1211/18940 Addis Ababa
Undergraduate programs(Undergraduate Campus)
Associate Registrar’s Office:+2511155380 17
P. O. Box: 1211/18940 Addis Ababa