SMU offers a variety of testing services through its Testing Center. This includes international tests like TOEFL, GRE, CISI, and PRAXIS.
- Administer international tests such as Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL-iBT); Graduate Record Exam (GRE); Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI); Praxis Administration and Aptitude test;
- Thousands of institutions require TOEFL and GRE test results as a prerequisite for joining their institutions and have recognized the TOEFL and GRE tests program. Thus taking a TOEFL and GRE tests, which are offered throughout the world by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) found in New Jersey, USA, in collaboration with its partner Thomson Prometric is a must for your academic success.
TOEFL and GRE INTERNET-BASED TESTs (iBT)
- Unlike Paper-Based Tests, the TOEFL and GRE Internet Based Tests (TOEFL iBT) are conducted by Internet. Therefore, this requires that a candidate for these tests be skilled in the use of computer. Thousands of agencies and other institutions in many countries accept TOEFL and GRE scores. Other organizations, too, rely on these scores.
- St. Mary’s University is a pioneer in Ethiopia in terms of providing internet based tests in TOEFL an GRE.The unit responsible for this service is located at the third floor of the main campus behind Ethiopian Petroleum Enterprise, three hundren meters below the Federal Police Headquarters in Mexico Square.The following notes should be strictly adhered to get the service.
HOW CAN YOU REGISTER FOR TOEFL iBT?
- The registration fee must be paid in full using credit cards in one’s name, or using checks or money orders, or e-check where they can be drawn from a bank in the U.S. and made payable to “ETS-TOEFL/GRE iBT.”, or using vouchers obtained from the TOEFL/GRE iBT Test Resource Centers. Early registration, at least three or four months before the test day, is advisable, since places fill up early and for preparation on the test. However, the regular registration date ends seven days before the test day. And late registration ends three days before the test day (subject to extra charge fee). On registration all personal information must be entered carefully. The test taker enters into an agreement with the ETS and needs to observe all the rules concerning the test taking procedures.
- Upon payment of the registration fee, registration can be made:
By phone (31-320-239-593),
For further information one can contact St. Mary’s University , TOEFL iBT Center, at the School of Graduate Studies (Bole Campus).
WHERE AND WHEN CAN YOU TAKE THE INTERNET-BASED TEST (iBT)?
The TOEFL and GRE tests have a number of test dates and locations in the world. Exact test dates are fixed by the ETS, but up on registration the test taker can select the most appropriate date for her/his test. Here, in Ethiopia the tests are given at the international Test Center found in St. Mary’s University , at the Main Campus, Addis Ababa. On the test day, the test taker should appear at least half an hour before the scheduled testing time to be checked in. She/He ought to appear with all the necessary materials important to sit on the test like a valid ID card; and during the test session she/he needs to respect the test center’s rules and procedures.
If you decide to take the any one of the tests, you can get detailed information and assistance from the SMU international test center.